Wednesday 21 October 2015

Research into Band Names

I thought that it would be beneficial to research existing band/artist names that may provide inspiration for our own name. I specifically looked at indie artists as we are hoping to create an indie music video.


Feist:

Feist's name has been taken from her real name, 'Leslie Feist'. I think that this could work well with the surnames of our group members, Field, Nash, Kaprata and Huckett. I think that 'Field' or 'Nash' would work best as they are one syllable and easy to remember.






Marina and The Diamonds:

This artist has used a variation of her real name for her stage name. Born 'Marina Diamandis', 'diamandis' meaning 'diamond' in Greek. I like the structure of this name, 'X and the Y' sounding more interesting than a regular name.







Halsey:

Many artists take inspiration from their real names when creating stage name. 'Halsey' is an anagram of her birth name 'Ashley'. This is a simple, easily recreatable concept, however, our group's names do not provide very interesting anagrams. For example, 'Elle' becomes 'Lele', 'Jane' become 'Naje' and 'Emily' becomes 'Miley', a name already taken by artist Miley Cyrus.








Lorde:

Lorde has created a completely unique stage name for herself, completely deviating from her real name, 'Ella'. I like the idea of having a one worded, unrelated band name as I think that we could come up with interesting, attention grabbing words.



The xx:

I like the simplicity of this name as well as the use of the word 'The' as this draws attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment